Have Your Own Back

I was asked to teach a group of teenagers about a week ago.  As I pondered what I wish all young people knew, I thought about the lives they have ahead of them.  I reflected on my own life and what I wish I had know while I was navigating my own transition from being a kid to living as an adult.

There were good times and there were hard times.  This is standard for most of us.  Somehow, I was lucky enough to have the support I needed to push through the hard times and keep my goals at the forefront of my mind.  Still, there are somethings I probably would have done differently, if I had known that I could really accomplish anything I believed I could.

I want to teach you what I shared with those teenagers.

First, I want you to think of a goal you have.  Think of the best possible outcome for this goal.  If you are struggling in your relationship, think of the optimal outcome you have for yourself as a partner.  If you are trying to start a business or develop a talent, think of exactly what you want to accomplish.

Think of how it will feel to have accomplished that goal.  Why is it worth the hard work to have gotten here?

 Now, think of a phrase that will inspire you to keep working toward this goal, No. Matter. What.  On the hardest day, when you want to quit trying, what do you need to hear that will inspire you to keep trudging forward?  Write this phrase down.  Practice thinking it in your mind multiple times per day.  As you continue to reinforce this thought, it will become a belief.  When things get hard, your beliefs will be the fuel you need to keep on trying.

A belief is just a thought you think over and over.  Read more about that here.  Make sure your beliefs about yourself are always in alignment with accomplishing your goals and creating the life you want.

You've got this my friend.  When you have your own back, nothing in the world can stop you!

Are your beliefs inspiring you or holding you back right now?  Need help changing your beliefs about yourself or your relationship?  Contact me here for a free 20 minute mini session for help to figure it out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Even the Bishop Needs Help Sometimes!

How to Talk to Your Husband About Intimacy